Whats happening at Diamond Lodge?
- WE HAVE RE-LOCATED TO "NUTWOOD FARM" WINDSOR DOWNS
- Sadly Forest passes away....RIP little furry man
- MELBOURNE 3DE (Arissa in the ***star, Forest in the **star)
- Several events this month - Sydney weekend of World Cups, Eventing Equestriad (Camden) & Quirindi
- Good Friday was spent x-country schooling at Camden...fun times had by all and keen to see how everyone tackles the course
- This weekend is Albury CIC (27-29th March). Sandy has 4 rides (Arissa-3 star, Forest- 2 star, Fox- 2 star &
Chini- PN). The weekend started off not so good for Forest after he took on the chain mesh fence overnight prior to his dressage
and came off second best. Forest was scratched on Friday morning and probably likes the idea of just eating all weekend! Sandy's
other rides all had top ten finishes. Sandy & Arissa were one of only 5 other combinations in the 3 star to go clear over
the big xc track and finished a crediable 6th place in only their second 3 star run. Kierra's horse Foxhill ridden by Sandy
finished in 10th place in the 2 star and Chini (Trevor) also had a great run in the Pre-nov. and a 4th placing. Leica and
Thomas also had a great weekend with a very respectable 18th place out of 26 riders in a very competitive Prelim. class.
WELL DONE TEAM DIAMOND LODGE
- Sandy (with Arissa, Forest & Chini) and Diamond Lodge riders will be competing at Scone (14-15th). Scone puts
on a terrific event with a great Saturday evening social. Anyone wanting a fun weekend will find this event one of the
best. Go on up to Scone and watch some of the 450 riders in action from Newcomers to 3*.
- The eventing season is back in action with the first event of the year Sydney Eventing at SIEC - midweek (18-19th) and
weekend (21-22nd) event. At the midweek event "Arissa" (Dora) has a very nice 9th placing in the **star and "Ever So
Clever" (Chini) has a 6th place in the Prelim. "Ever So Clever" (Chini) backs up for a second run at the Pre-Novice level
on the weekend for a fantastic 5th place.
- Meredith Tillets horse who is ridden by Sandy, "Ever So Clever" (Chini) lives up to his name
to be selected on the 2009 Australian Eventing Talent Squad!! Squad details available here: http://www.efanational.com/default.asp?Page=489&MenuID=Sports/11757/0,High_Performance/11731/335
"Not to be deterred by the forecast of more rain, a cross country clinic
with NSW Eventer Sandy Lucas was held at the Princess Anne Arena on the final Saturday in February. Rhythm, line and position
were the main focus of each lesson, regardless of what level the combinations were at. Sandy encouraged riders to maintain
their canter on the approach to the fence, even suggesting that singing nursery rhymes could help. Everyone was amazed at
how much they achieved in their lessons and Sandy's smile never faltered. The Northside Riding Club cross country course consists
of a variety of fences including a bank, sunken road, wine barrels, flyer, wooden gate, brush fence and the new Over the Top
By the end of the clinic Elayne Vernor and her young gelding were jumping far more than they ever had before
without a second thought. "I particularly enjoyed the way in which Sandy gradually built up our confidence in such a calm
but purposeful way. In fact, it wasn't until after Paddy had leapt up over the bank, that I really appreciated what we had
just done … for me, it was a moment of "WOW, how did we get here? I never thought we could do that!!!"
- Well I have missed quite a few months but a brief run down on what has gone on - SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL 3DE - Sandy took
up the role of Super Coach and trained the Korean team, Forest (aka: Costalot) was a superstar (Sung-soo
Kim wasn't too bad either) and won the Asian Pacific Challenge from start to finish! They both looked quite proud with
their rug, garland and trophy. Arissa was ridden by Olympic silver medalist Shane Rose in the 2* and had an unfortunate fall
during xc. Kiera and Foxhill led the dressage in the 2* but had a green run out xc.
- MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL 3DE
- Fantastic weather in Melbourne was enjoyed by the entire Diamond Lodge Travelling Party. Ponies - Forest, Arissa (**star),
Digby, Fox & Charlie (*star), Riders - Sandy, Keira, & Helen, Groom & Support crew - Lecia & Kylie.
Day 1: Dressage day saw all horses put in solid tests with only a few errors made. Scores were a little mixed between
judges but saw all placed within the top third. Day 2: In the *star both Keira (Fox) and Sandy (Digby) made identical
mistakes with big jumps up the steps causing a glance off the roll top at the top and 20 penalties and Helen had a clear
round with some time. All riders very happy with their horses run around the tough course. In the **star both Forest and Arissa
made the Big (especially for little 15.2hh Forest) course look like a walk in the park (well a mansion garden anyway)
to have clear rounds while collecting a few time penalties. Sandy got the crowd cheering with her very excited celebration
over the rose garden on Forest (news is there may be some video footage of this available in the near future). Day 3: All
horses trotted up fine. In the *star Kiera and Fox pulled off a great round to have an unlucky last rail and 4 penalties in
the show jumping to finish in 32nd position from 53 competitors. Sandy and a tired Digby had 2 rails and 8 penalties to finish
in 33rd position, while Helen and Charlie had 4 rails and 16 penalties to finish in 38th position. In the **star Sandy discovered
that open hind boots caused Forest to progressively over jump with each fence, then a small mistake and an unforgiving
distance saw them re-model a fence to gain 4 penalties and finishing in 11th position from 31 competitiors. Arissa found the
twisting course tough on her larger frame and picked up 3 rails and 12 penalties to finish in 10th place from 31.
- Full results available here:
- Scone CIC 3-4th May 2008 - Sandy manages to ride 4 horses with all of them coming home with ribbons. Arissa, 2nd; Scully,
5th; & Spiderman & Forest, 6th
- EVENTING IS BACK IN ACTION with NSW now EI Free!
- Berrima CIC March 8-9th - Forest and Arissa had a great first run back in the *star class with a 4th & 5th place finish
- The SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL THREE DAY EVENT 2007 has been re-scheduled (17-20th April)
- SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL THREE DAY EVENT (13-16th September)
- ALL EVENTS CANCELLED with Equine Influenza outbreak!
- Kylie is heading back to Australia just in time to see Forest & Sandy compete at the Sydney International 3-day event.
- Make sure you get you tickets to Sydney International 3-day event on the 13-16th September, go to www.sydneyeventing.org/tickets-whatson07.html
- With Sandy out of action due to breaking Slims fall! Christine Bates has been enlisted to partner up with Forest for his
CIC**star debut at Camden. This will be an important run so Forest can get his **star qualification to start in the Sydney
International 3 Day Event in September.
- Yay Forest got his qualifying run!
- Big group of Diamond Lodge Riders heading to Canberra ODE.
- Slims big comeback at Canberra....Yah Keira! Great to see Slimmy making it back into the Dream Team :)
- Whoo Hoo Forest and Sandy place 2nd in the *star....Good Job!
- Scone International 3-day event is on May 4th - 6th come and enjoy a fun weekend in beautiful Scone and support Diamond
Lodge riders. Speak with Sandy for directions to the Scone event, it is a great opportunity to see how a 3-day is ran in a
relaxed and fun atmosphere.
- Berrima saw Sandy have a succesfull run with Forest finally cracking a 3rd place finish in a CIC*star, Boffy had another
super run finishing on his dressage score to take out 6th place.
- Full results for Diamond Lodge riders have been placed on the results page.
- Camden HT, **star - Clive, *star - Forest, Prelim - Boffy. See results page for an update.
- Kylie has returned to Australia for a visit and will be at the events in Feburary and early March
- The eventing season opened up with the SIEC double event (mid week and weekend) Sandy had 3 rides at each event with a
win on Clive in the *star, a 4th on Forest in the pre-novice, and a 9th on Boff in the intro (mid week), then a
9th on Forest in the *star, 7th on Boff in the prelim and a 12th on Saba in the Intro (weekend).
- Sandy's 40th Birthday Bash!!!
- Best wishes to all of Diamond Lodges clients and friends for a wonderfull Christmas break and we look forward to
welcoming you all back in the new year.
- Next event Berrima on the 25-26th November.
- Diamond Lodge riders had a good show at Canberra ODE (see results). Next event Goulburn on the 14-15th October (NSW State
- Come out to the Sydney 3DE (7-10th September) and cheer Sandy on in the **star with Arissa.
***Sandy and Arissa are currently in 10th place after dressage***
*** Sandy and Arissa move up to 9th with a clear x-country & 10.6 time***
***Sandy and Arissa move to 7th after a clear showjumping round***
- I need some updates from everyone the results from events are so slow in being posted on line that it becomes
old news by the time I get to put updates on Diamond Lodges site.
- Sorry for the lack of updates I have been away for a few months in the Sierra Nevadas of Northern California....I
know work is tough! Thanks to John David for the e-mail updates. Diamond Lodge riders have been doing very well lately
and the results page has been updated, well done to all.
- Well done to John David & Diamond Snout (Piggy) with a 4th place in the 80cm and Leica Gilbert &
Chase the Sun (Thomas) with two 4th places in the 80 & 90cm classes at Jump Club on the 21st May
- SIEC ODE is on the 13-14th May come along and support Diamond Lodge riders
- Well done to all the Diamond Lodge riders who all came home with placings from Scone
- Unfortunately Forest knocked a splint and pulled up sore before x-country and was forced to withdraw from
- Have no plans for the Easter long weekend (April 14-17th)??? Come to Scone International Three Day Event!!
Sandy will be competing Forest & Arissa in the CCI*star
- A big group of Diamond Lodge riders and horses will be at Scone this easter long weekend so head on up for
a fun filled weekend
- Congratulations to John David and "Diamond Snout" (Piggy) for winning both the 70 & 80cm classes at Jump
Club on the 19th March
- Both Forest and Arissa have gained their qualifying runs for Scone CCI*star to be held on the Easter long
weekend in April.
- March will see a busy month of competing by Sandy to gain qualifications for Scone 3DE at easter. Come on
out and support Diamond Lodge riders at Camden (4-5th) and Macarthur (11-12th), both events are close to Sydney and fun weekends.
- Sandy has purchased a new truck so keep an eye out for a bigger, flasher rig anytime soon...mmm.....remember
the days of the pink truck! p.s book your lessons she now needs to pay for it!
- Kylie is going to watch the Rolex Kentucky 3DE in April....anyone jealous :)
- Well done Georgie and "Billy" on their 6th place at Northside's Combined training competition.
- Sandy has gained another *star horse. Robert Stewart has left his horse "Arissa" with Sandy to spend more time with his
young family. Keep an eye on this young mares progress, she will be aimed for a CCI*star start at Scone 3DE in April 2006.
- Merry Christmas everyone from Diamond Lodge. Thank you for your support throughout the year and we look forward
to seeing you all back again in 2006
- Sandy will be coaching at the Adelaide International 3DE (7-13th)
- Congratulations Leica and Thomas with their 6th place at Berrima ODE
- November marks the end of the eventing season but keep an eye out for Sandy's training days to
get you all ready for next season
- Farewell Kylie, who leaves to live in the USA for a year or two. She leaves Forest with
Sandy to start his new career as an eventer
- Well done John David & "Piggy" 5th place at Oberon ODE
- Congratulations John on "Diamond Snout" (Piggy) - 4th place at Scone ODE
- Welcome Lauren who joins Diamond Lodge as Head Groom
- Farewell to "Lhadro" (Loo) who was sadly put to sleep after injuring his spinal cord, he will
be fondly remembered by many who had their first eventing experience with him
- Sign up for cross country training - call Sandy for details
- Sign up for the School Holiday Day Camps - call Sandy for details
- Sandy's finally back in the saddle following her shoulder reconstruction
- Congratulations to Georgie on "Shakespeare" (Billy) - 3rd place at SIEC Mid-week
- Farewell to John who leaves Diamond Lodge to return to Ireland